Omnia Education Partnerships (OEP) is excited to release a new online course for aspiring game industry talents. The Launch Your Game Career course is for anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in the game business and is looking to learn more about the industry. The online course is free-of-charge as it is produced with the support of the Epic Mega Grant.
During the course participants will be introduced to the everyday life of game studios and learn about the variety of career opportunities as well as the key skills and attributes needed to make it in the industry. Industry experts will also share their own stories: how they ended up where they are today and what skills and talent has paved their way to success.
Core topics of the course include:
- How does a game studio operate?
- Different roles in a game development team.
- Process and phases of game development and publishing.
- What key skills are required to build a career in the game industry?
- Career opportunities and game entrepreneurship
- How can you get started with your journey into the game industry?
Updates on course status will be available through www.oep.fi, with an expected launch during May 2021. As a follow-up to the free introductory course, a more in-depth game industry career training program will also be released in the fall of 2021. The four tracks of the program will cover game design, programming, art and business. Stay tuned and let us know if your company is interested in partnering with us for developing game industry talent.